ECCO has gathered some of the most devoted runners on the planet to be part of our newly launched Better Running Initiative. For this group, running is more than just a pastime, it’s a passion. Right now the participants are in full swing gathering valuable feedback on the BIOM EVO RACER.
Taking place in the virtual “Better Running Lab”, more than 100 athletes, journalists and industry insiders participate in experiments to test the technical features of the shoes. The comments, ideas and responses from the Lab will be used to create the first user-generated ECCO running shoe, which isslated for production as part of the Spring/Summer 2015 collection.
We recently caught up with professional triathlete, ECCO Ambassador and participant in the Better Running Lab, Ashley Clifford, and asked her to share her top five summer running tips and tricks.
- Chill Out! Life can be hectic and exercise is a healthy way to relax. There is nothing I love more than a long, easy run to relieve stress. Be sure to wear light, breathable clothing for another way to keep cool!
- Enjoy, Escape and Explore! When you are traveling this summer – on business of vacation – go for a run to see new places. It’s a great opportunity to check out downtown and local parks, you’ll be surprised with the hidden gems you will find.
- Try a Night Run! Summertime means warm sunshine but it can also mean hot weather! I love being able to run late at night after the sun goes down and the peak heat has passed. Remember to wear reflective gear so drivers can see you.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Protect your skin from a nasty burn by slathering on some waterproof SPF before heading outside during the day.
- Water…and Pickles! It’s easy to get dehydrated when running in the summer. Make sure you are drinking enough water. But don’t forget to replenish lost electrolytes, sodium and potassium. I love to refuel on sodium by eating pickles!
Ashley Clifford trains and competes in the BIOM EVO RACER.
“I feel so grateful to be part of the ECCO team as I aim to become the best athlete I can be. The BIOM EVO RACER is so lightweight and breathable – it’s perfect for warm weather training,” says Ashley Clifford.
The BIOM EVO RACER is available at running specialty shops, ECCO stores and other discerning retailers worldwide.
Learn more about the Better Running Initiative by visiting betterrunning.ecco.com
Follow Ashley on her athletic journey at twitter.com/tAshleyClifford